Sunday 27 October 2013

October's Serving Day

This month I really wanted to make sure we focused on our local area and also served in a way that was more part of our day to day life. This is because I am passionate about Little B learning to serve. I really REALLY want her to have a servant heart so that no matter what she does in life she thinks of others and how to serve them. What came apparent though, after having her, is that she follows by example. In EVERY way. Seriously - it is scary sometimes. This is such a powerful way of teaching.

So what did we do? We went around and picked up rubbish!

I LOVED this serving opportunity. I think because it was local, simple, part of our normal family life and provide an opportunity to teach.

Awesome new idea I know (haha) but it just goes to show how simple serving can be. This is definetly not in the too hard basket for most of us.

In our family, since day light savings, we have often been out for a walk in the evening after dinner. So one evening we took along a plastic bag and picked up rubbish together. As we went we talked with Little B about why we were doing it and how Jesus loves everyone. Pretty simple.

Since I am so excited I even got some pictures of our adventures...


 

No comments:

Post a Comment