Thursday 12 September 2013

Monthly serving

So many posts and blogs have I read about ways to serve. I am sick of reading! There are so many things to read - yes this is another one of them - but this blog is not for you. It is for me. For me to keep a record and to be held accountable to my decisions. I want to be one of those families that serves our amazing God all the time. And not just serve in our church. With our little girl growing up as a PK I want to work extra hard for her to know what life is like outside the church.

So lets start small.

One serving day a month as a family.

Sounds easy?
Well I already have a mountain of excuses  that come up inside me that this will not work. But one can only try.

September date will be (goes to check calander) this Saturday. Why not start as I mean to go on huh! We are off to the home show this weekend so there will be plenty of opportunities to serve others. Things I will try and be prepared for:

- Inserting $5 notes into the library books I have to return with a little note saying 'you have been blessed!' Will get Little B to draw something on the note
- Having cash on hand to pay for someone's meal at the home show
- Buy a hot drink for a vendor who is working

A lot of these ideas are really random acts of kindness but I think that is a good place to start that incorporates it into my plans.

Lets see how that goes - better go now and get started on these notes!

No comments:

Post a Comment